Am I the only one who’s excited for Christmas already?! There’s already frost on the ground, and the temps are getting cooler… there’s even supposed to be snow next week! I can’t wait to start celebrating Christmas; the decorations… the music…
…And, of course, this beauty right here:
That’s right, I’m talking about the Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks; one of my favorite holiday drinks. If you’ve never had a Peppermint Mocha, this (highly pixelated) picture doesn’t do it justice. It. Is. AMAZING.
And I actually found a recipe for it while I was looking through my mom’s blog from a few years ago. So I thought I’d share that recipe with you!
To make this drink filled with total awesomeness, you will need…
• 3 tablespoons Starbucks Mocha Powder (you could use regular mocha powder instead)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Starbucks Peppermint Syrup (once again; if you can’t find Starbucks peppermint syrup, I’m pretty sure regular peppermint syrup will work 🙂 )
• 1/4 cup of double strength dark roast coffee
• 12 ounces steamed or heated milk
• Freshly Whipped Cream
• Red peppermint sprinkles (OPTIONAL!)
1. Combine equal parts Starbucks mocha powder and warm water to create a wonderfully rich chocolate syrup. (What in the world? I never knew mocha powder turns into chocolate syrup when you combine it with water!)
2. Pour the mocha syrup into a 12 oz mug.
3. Add a shot of espresso and peppermint syrup.
4. Fill the remainder of the cup with steamed milk.
5. Top it all off with freshly whipped cream and red sprinkles (optional).